This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • India News
  • State
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Trending
  • Sports
  • Career
  • Lifestyle
  • Languages
Follow US
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.

News » India News » 22 Naxalites, cop killed in 2 encounters in Chhattisgarh

India News

22 Naxalites, cop killed in 2 encounters in Chhattisgarh

NM Desk
Last updated: 20 March, 2025 3:07 PM
NM Desk
Share
22 Naxalites, cop killed in 2 encounters in Chhattisgarh
22 Naxalites, cop killed in 2 encounters in Chhattisgarh

Bijapur/Kanker: In a fresh offensive against Naxals, security forces killed at least 22 members of the banned CPI (Maoists) in two separate encounters in Chhattisgarh’s Bastar region on Thursday, officials said.

While 18 Naxalites were killed in Bijapur district, four Maoists were gunned down in Kanker by a joint team of the BSF and DRG personnel of the state police.

A police jawan was also killed in the encounter in Bijapur, the officials said.

Read More

‘India will win’: US President Donald Trump’s close ally Laura Loomer predicts India’s victory in conflict with Pakistan
‘India will win’: US President Donald Trump’s close ally Laura Loomer predicts India’s victory in conflict with Pakistan
PM Modi celebrates Diwali with armed forces personnel in Gujarat’s Kucth
PM Modi celebrates Diwali with armed forces personnel in Gujarat’s Kucth
Explained: How suspension of Indus Water Treaty will impact Pakistan
Explained: How suspension of Indus Water Treaty will impact Pakistan

Union Home Minister Amit Shah said the security forces have achieved another big success in its march to make the country Naxal-free by killing 22 members of the CPI (Maoists) in Chhattisgarh.

“The Modi government is moving forward with a ruthless approach against Naxalites and is adopting a zero tolerance policy against those Naxalites who are not surrendering despite all the facilities being offered to them, ranging from surrender to inclusion. The country is going to be Naxal-free by March 31 next year,” Shah wrote on X in Hindi.

An official said a gunfight broke out at around 7 am in a forest along the border of Bijapur and Dantewada districts when a joint team of security personnel was out an anti-Naxalite operation in Gangaloor police station area (in Bijapur).

Bodies of 18 Naxalites along with firearms and explosives were recovered from the spot, the senior police official said.

A jawan of the state police’s District Reserve Guard (DRG) unit was also killed in the gunfight, he said.

Another encounter took place in the morning in a forest along the border of Kanker and Narayanpur districts when a joint team of the DRG and Border Security Force (BSF) was out on an anti-Naxal operation, Kanker Superintendent of Police Indira Kalyan Elesela said.

Bodies of four Naxalites and automatic weapons were recovered following the action, he said.

Search operations were underway at both the encounter sites, police said.

With the latest action, 105 Naxalites have been gunned down in separate encounters in the state so far this year. Of them, 89 were eliminated in the Bastar division comprising seven districts, including Bijapur and Kanker.

You Might Also Like

Let us move towards difference settlement from dispute resolution: VP Dhankhar

Maharashtra: Suburban train derails at Kalyan station, no injuries reported

Sanjay Manjrekar slams India for changing Sarfaraz’s batting position in Mumbai Test

Duo kneads golgappa dough with feet, use Harpic, urea to ‘enhance taste’ | Video

Captaincy decisions to cost India Test? Shastri, Kartik point out Rohit’s mistake

TAGGED:News9 LIVE
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link

Latest News

image editor output image812472244 1770024678844
Singer Jasmeen Akhtar drops her latest single Malak Dyaal
Entertainment
IMG 20260202 WA0000
Indie Artist Prabhanjan Unveils First Look of His Upcoming Afro-Desi Single ‘Thugwa’
Entertainment
indiapost live
They have history and history of overlooking that as well: Jaishankar on Pak-US ties
India News
Centre conspiring to stop free ration of 55 lakh Punjabis: CM Bhagwant Mann
Centre conspiring to stop free ration of 55 lakh Punjabis: CM Bhagwant Mann
India News

You also Like

‘Had AB Vajpayee was alive, Kashmir would not be where it is today’: Omar Abdullah
India News

‘Had AB Vajpayee was alive, Kashmir would not be where it is today’: Omar Abdullah

NM Desk NM Desk 2 Min Read
Kainchi Dham foundation day: 4 lakh devotees expected, strict traffic plan and security measures in place
India News

Kainchi Dham foundation day: 4 lakh devotees expected, strict traffic plan and security measures in place

NM Desk NM Desk 3 Min Read
Wrestlers’ sexual harassment case: Brij Bhushan Singh moves Delhi HC seeking quashing of FIR
India News

Brij Bhushan calls wrestler protests ‘staged’ after Vinesh Phogat joins Congress

NM Desk NM Desk 2 Min Read
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
Follow US
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account