This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • India News
  • State
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Trending
  • Sports
  • Career
  • Lifestyle
  • Languages
Follow US
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.

News » India News » Kejriwal asks Modi, Shah: ‘When will Delhi’s Jats be added to Centre’s OBC list?

India News

Kejriwal asks Modi, Shah: ‘When will Delhi’s Jats be added to Centre’s OBC list?

NM Desk
Last updated: 13 January, 2025 7:02 PM
NM Desk
Share
Kejriwal asks Modi, Shah: ‘When will Delhi’s Jats be added to Centre’s OBC list?
Kejriwal asks Modi, Shah: ‘When will Delhi’s Jats be added to Centre’s OBC list?

New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) convenor Arvind Kejriwal on Monday reiterated his demand for inclusion of Delhi’s Jat community in the Centre’s Other Backward Clases (OBC) list. Kejriwal had a meeting with a delegation of Jat leaders at his residence. The community holds a substantial portion of the vote in around 70 assembly constituencies in Delhi, essentially in the outer regions.

At a press conference, Kejriwal said that the Jats here are included in Delhi’s OBC list but not in the Centre’s list. “Jats from Rajasthan can get admissions in the Delhi University and its colleges, jobs in the AIIMS, Safdarjung Hospital and all the central government organisations but not the Jats of Delhi,” Kejriwal was quoted as saying by PTI.

He added that the top two leaders of the country — Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Home Minister Amit Shah — had promised the Jat community of Delhi that they would be provided OBC quota at the central level but the promise has not been fulfilled. Kejriwal raised a question: “I want to ask Modi, Shah and other BJP leaders, when will they include Delhi’s Jats in the Centre’s OBC list?”

Read More

‘Secularism European concept, not needed in India’: TN governor RN Ravi sparks row
‘Secularism European concept, not needed in India’: TN governor RN Ravi sparks row
Farmer organisations congratulate Army for ‘Operation Sindoor’
Farmer organisations congratulate Army for ‘Operation Sindoor’
PM Modi to take part in ‘Navkar Mahamantra Divas’ today
PM Modi visits Varanasi, asks officials to take strict action in gang-rape case

Taking to X, the AAP national convenor wrote that the delegation of Jat leaders, who met him, voiced their anger over being “betrayed” by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on the issue of reservation for the last 10 years and the “injustice” they have been subjected to. He contended that the AAP “supports the justified demand of the community”.

आज अपने निवास पर जाट समाज के प्रतिनिधियों से मुलाकात की। उन्होंने पिछले 10 सालों से आरक्षण के मुद्दे पर बीजेपी द्वारा ठगे जाने पर अपनी नाराज़गी ज़ाहिर की, दिल्ली के जाट समाज के साथ अन्याय हो रहा है। आम आदमी पार्टी जाट समाज की इस जायज़ मांग के साथ है। pic.twitter.com/OqXgLUpsNA

— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) January 13, 2025

BJP dubs Kejriwal’s demand as poll gimmick

Earlier last week, the AAP national convenor had said that he had written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, raising the demand to include Delhi’s Jats in the Centre’s OBC list. Slamming Kejriwal, the BJP had described his demand an “election gimmick”.

BJP’s Lok Sabha MP Kamaljeet Sehrawat was quoted by ANI as saying: “For the last 10 years, the government that was in power in Delhi with a complete majority did not raise this issue in the Vidhan Sabha or any public platform…Granting reservations is a subject of the state government.”

Sehrawat claimed that Kailash Gahlot, who has since left the party, confirmed he had informed the former Delhi CM 2-3 times about the inclusion of Delhi’s Jat community in central reservations. He alleged that one of the main reasons for the community’s exclusion from central reservations was the government led by former Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal.

BJP leader and NDMC vice chairperson Kuljeet Singh Chahal pointed out that Jat reservation is merely a “political stunt” as the AAP is on a “ventilator”, and that’s why they are resorting to such tactics.

You Might Also Like

Civic infrastructure in shambles, Bengaluru residents say “#ConductBBMPElection”

Kolkata: 2 women arrested trying to dump bag with beheaded woman’s body in Ganga

Must-do: Essential practices for maintaining your child’s eye health

Supreme Court permits LMV license holders to drive transport vehicles up to 7,500 kg

RR Retention List 2025: Samson & Jaiswal retained for Rs 18 crore, Buttler released

TAGGED:aapArvind KejriwalbjpCentral OBC listDelhi JatsDelhi OBCJat community DelhiJat reservation DelhiKejriwal Jat demandOBC reservation
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link

Latest News

indiapost live
They have history and history of overlooking that as well: Jaishankar on Pak-US ties
India News
Centre conspiring to stop free ration of 55 lakh Punjabis: CM Bhagwant Mann
Centre conspiring to stop free ration of 55 lakh Punjabis: CM Bhagwant Mann
India News
Education revolution in Punjab: Government schools soar with record results under AAP, says CM Mann
LPG tanker blast in Hoshiarpur kills 2, injures 21; Punjab CM announces aid
India News
Bengal: Teacher thrashed by group of youth for objecting to public drinking
Bengal: Teacher thrashed by group of youth for objecting to public drinking
India News

You also Like

Elon Musk Says There Will Be No Affordable Tesla Anymore
India News

Elon Musk Says There Will Be No Affordable Tesla Anymore

NM Desk NM Desk 2 Min Read
Is there any restraint order on CM Kejriwal performing his duties from jail, asks SC
India News

Excise policy: Delhi court seeks ED response on Kejriwal’s plea seeking copy of sanction to prosecute him

NM Desk NM Desk 3 Min Read
He came to say goodbye, never returned: London man who came to India to immerse wife’s ashes among deceased in Ahmedabad plane crash
India News

He came to say goodbye, never returned: London man who came to India to immerse wife’s ashes among deceased in Ahmedabad plane crash

NM Desk NM Desk 2 Min Read
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
Follow US
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account