This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • India News
  • State
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Trending
  • Sports
  • Career
  • Lifestyle
  • Languages
Follow US
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.

News » India News » 2 women injured in fresh wolf attack in Bahraich; hunt for 6th man-eater animal on

India News

2 women injured in fresh wolf attack in Bahraich; hunt for 6th man-eater animal on

NM Desk
Last updated: 13 September, 2024 8:27 AM
NM Desk
Share
2 women injured in fresh wolf attack in Bahraich; hunt for 6th man-eater animal on
2 women injured in fresh wolf attack in Bahraich; hunt for 6th man-eater animal on

Bahraich: In another late night wolf attack, two women were seriously injured after being attacked by a man-eater wolf at their home in Mahsi tehsil of Uttar Prades’s Bahraich district on Thursday. The two women have been hospitalised and are undergoing treatment.

Contents
2 women injured in fresh wolf attackWolf terror haunts Bharaich

While one of the women was attacked by the wolf around 10 pm, the other one said the incident took place around 11 pm when she was sitting outside her house.

2 women injured in fresh wolf attack

Mukima, one of the victims, said that the wolf held her by her neck when she was sitting outside her house. She started screaming after being attacked by the wolf. Upon hearing the noise, locals reached the spot and chased the animal away. Another victim, Gudiya, said that she was sleeping with her child in her house when the wolf attacked her. As she started screaming, people gathered there. The wolf fled into a sugarcane field on seeing the crowd.

Read More

Humanity trumps terror: Kashmiri guide saves lives of children of Chhattisgarh tourists
Pahalgam terror attack: Pakistan closes airspace to Indian airlines, shuts Wagah border crossing | Latest updates
UP: Sambhal court orders survey of mosque amid ancient temple claims
Shahi Jama Masjid-Harihar temple row: Sambhal court to hear case on March 5
India reclaiming its lost glory under current governance, says Jagdeep Dhankhar
Jagdeep Dhankhar resigns as Vice-President citing health reasons

Earlier on Wednesday, a 50-year-old woman was injured after being attacked by a wolf in Bahraich. Pushpa Devi was asleep in her house along with other family members when the incident took place. Similar suspected wolf attacks were also reported from Mahsi Tehsil’s two villages on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning in which two girls, aged 11 and 10 were left injured.

Wolf terror haunts Bharaich

Panic has gripped the Bharaich district of Uttar Pradesh amid a series of wolf attacks. So far, at least eight people, including seven children, have died and more than 36 have been injured in suspected attacks by wolves.

To capture a pack of six wolves, a massive hunt ‘Operation Bhediya’ involving hundreds of forest department personnel and security forces has been ongoing since mid July. At least 50 villages in Mahsi tehsil of Bahraich district have reported wolf attacks since July. The forest department and district administration have captured five wolves so far. The remaining man-eating wolf, who is said to be the leader of the pack, is yet to be captured.

To prevent such attacks, rescue, relief and awareness campaigns are also being conducted by the district administration and forest department in the area. aid earlier. Cabinet Minister Sanjay Nishad recently announced that a “wildlife disaster” has been declared in Bahraich, with Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath personally monitoring the situation.

You Might Also Like

‘State govt under CM Soren corrupt. Must be thrown out’: JP Nadda at Jharkhand rally

Uttarakhand: Hemkund Sahib portals to close on 10 Oct, over 1.6 lakh pilgrims visited

Mumbai include Shreyas Iyer in Ranji Trophy squad, leave out Prithvi Shaw

India is our growth engine for the coming years: SIG CEO Samuel Sigrist

Om Prakash Chautala’s last rites today; Haryana observes 3-day mourning

TAGGED:bahraichbahraich wolf terrorupwolf attack
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link

Latest News

image editor output image812472244 1770024678844
Singer Jasmeen Akhtar drops her latest single Malak Dyaal
Entertainment
IMG 20260202 WA0000
Indie Artist Prabhanjan Unveils First Look of His Upcoming Afro-Desi Single ‘Thugwa’
Entertainment
indiapost live
They have history and history of overlooking that as well: Jaishankar on Pak-US ties
India News
Centre conspiring to stop free ration of 55 lakh Punjabis: CM Bhagwant Mann
Centre conspiring to stop free ration of 55 lakh Punjabis: CM Bhagwant Mann
India News

You also Like

Delhi HC judge transfer over ‘cash discovery’: Allahabad HC Bar Association says ‘not trash bin’
India News

Batla House demolitions: Delhi HC grants interim stay till next hearing

NM Desk NM Desk 3 Min Read
Uttarakhand govt promotes rural employment, clean energy with ‘Gobar Dhan’ scheme
India News

Uttarakhand govt promotes rural employment, clean energy with ‘Gobar Dhan’ scheme

NM Desk NM Desk 3 Min Read
Shahi Idgah row: HC to hear on Feb 20 plea for transfer of more cases from Mathura court
India News

Shahi Idgah row: HC to hear on Feb 20 plea for transfer of more cases from Mathura court

NM Desk NM Desk 3 Min Read
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
Follow US
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account