This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • India News
  • State
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Trending
  • Sports
  • Career
  • Lifestyle
  • Languages
Follow US
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.

News » India News » US Embassy refutes Trump’s claim of $21 million USAID funding in India for voter turnout

India News

US Embassy refutes Trump’s claim of $21 million USAID funding in India for voter turnout

NM Desk
Last updated: 21 August, 2025 8:28 PM
NM Desk
Share
US Embassy refutes Trump’s claim of $21 million USAID funding in India for voter turnout
US Embassy refutes Trump’s claim of $21 million USAID funding in India for voter turnout

New Delhi: The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) informed the Rajya Sabha on Thursday that the US embassy has contradicted claims that US President Donald Trump made earlier. The embassy said that USAID had not allocated $21 million to boost India’s voter turnout.

Kirti Vardhan Singh, the Minister of State for External Affairs, said in a written reply to the Rajya Sabha that the US Embassy in New Delhi has informed India, which contradicts Trump’s claim. It has said, “USAID/India did not receive or provide funding of $21 million for voter turnout in India from fiscal years 2014 to 2024, nor has it implemented any voter turnout-related activities in India.”

What did Trump’s US government claim?

In February 2025, the US Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE) publicly posted that it had cancelled $486 million in USAID funds. Notably, it claimed that the fund included a $21 million earmark to boost India’s voter turnout. While speaking about the misuse of US aid, Trump himself cited this as an example.

Read More

12 Indian immigrants deported to Panama from US land in Delhi
12 Indian immigrants deported to Panama from US land in Delhi
Female members of Regional Tibetan Women’s Association, Bharat Tibet Cooperation Forum tie rakhi to RSS chief
Female members of Regional Tibetan Women’s Association, Bharat Tibet Cooperation Forum tie rakhi to RSS chief
SC questions FIR against Congress MP Imran Pratapgarhi over poem on social media
SC questions FIR against Congress MP Imran Pratapgarhi over poem on social media

It prompted the MEA to seek urgent details from the US embassy regarding all projects in India funded by the USAID in the last 10 years. In July, the embassy gave a breakdown of the funds and said that no money was given to boost voter turnouts in India.

Also, the MEA has confirmed that USAID operations have come to an end in India. On August 11, the US embassy notified India that all seven Partnership Agreements with the government had been closed since the USAID had dissolved all over the world.

As per the official figures presented in Parliament, the USAID funding in India between 2022 and 2024 was for education for marginalized children, programs supporting Tibetan communities, air pollution mitigation, HIV/AIDS interventions, and renewable energy projects.

You Might Also Like

RR Retention List 2025: Samson & Jaiswal retained for Rs 18 crore, Buttler released

‘Don’t need to get vulgar’: Nora Fatehi says blouse for Dilbar was ‘too tiny’

Kunal Kamra de-listed by BookMyShow: Political backlash & free speech debate

Gautami, Tada Periyasamy get key roles in AIADMK after defection from BJP

‘This year’s Republic Day holds special significance’, says PM Modi in ‘Mann Ki Baat’

TAGGED:Donald Trump Indiaforeign aid IndiaIndia election fundingIndia-US relationsTrump India voter turnoutUS aid IndiaUS embassy India statementUSAID fundingUSAID India fundingvoter turnout India
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link

Latest News

image editor output image812472244 1770024678844
Singer Jasmeen Akhtar drops her latest single Malak Dyaal
Entertainment
IMG 20260202 WA0000
Indie Artist Prabhanjan Unveils First Look of His Upcoming Afro-Desi Single ‘Thugwa’
Entertainment
indiapost live
They have history and history of overlooking that as well: Jaishankar on Pak-US ties
India News
Centre conspiring to stop free ration of 55 lakh Punjabis: CM Bhagwant Mann
Centre conspiring to stop free ration of 55 lakh Punjabis: CM Bhagwant Mann
India News

You also Like

Badrinath shrine portals will be closed on November 17 at 9:07 pm, Kedarnath on 3 Nov
India News

Badrinath shrine portals will be closed on November 17 at 9:07 pm, Kedarnath on 3 Nov

NM Desk NM Desk 4 Min Read
Political hulchul in Maharashtra: Shinde miffed with Mahayuti, Pawar’s unusual praise & ‘Operation Tiger’
India News

Political hulchul in Maharashtra: Shinde miffed with Mahayuti, Pawar’s unusual praise & ‘Operation Tiger’

NM Desk NM Desk 4 Min Read
IND vs NZ: R Ashwin eclipses Anil Kumble for major feat after 3-fer at Wankhede
India News

IND vs NZ: R Ashwin eclipses Anil Kumble for major feat after 3-fer at Wankhede

NM Desk NM Desk 3 Min Read
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
Follow US
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account