The day after the interim budget of the central government, Gujarat Finance Minister Kanu Desai presented the state government’s budget for 2024-2025 in the Assembly. Kanu Desai presented a budget of Rs 3 lakh 32 thousand 465 crore. This is the biggest budget in the history of the state. The Finance Minister made announcements in the budget keeping in mind the next 25 years of Amrit Kaal. He also announced the expansion of Sabarmati Riverfront along with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s dream project Gift City. The Finance Minister announced to make GIFT City a city of dreams. Along with this, he has announced not to impose any new tax in his budget. Last year, Finance Minister Kanu Desai had presented a budget of Rs 3.01 lakh crore. In this year’s budget, the Finance Minister has announced to launch schemes in the name of the Prime Minister. These include Namo Lakshmi, Namo Saraswati, Namo Shri.
Major points of the budget:
- The state government has announced 7 new metropolitan municipalities. Among these, Navsari, Gandhidham, Morbi, Vapi, Anand, Mehsana, Surendranagar and Wadwan will get the status of metropolitan municipality.
- The Finance Minister has allocated Rs 22,194 crore for the agriculture sector in his budget.
- In this year’s budget, the state government has announced to launch schemes in the name of the Prime Minister. This includes Namo Lakshmi, Namo Saraswati, Namo Shri Yojana.
- It has been announced the construction of Gujarat Bhavan for Gujarati pilgrims in Ayodhyadham. Rs 50 crores have been allocated for this.
- To reduce infant mortality and maternal mortality, pregnant women will be admitted for institutional delivery and then to hospital. Rs 15,000 will be given to women and Rs 3,000 to Asha workers per delivery as incentive.
- For this, the state government has made a provision of Rs 53 crore in the budget.
- A special announcement has been made in the budget for the development of GIFT City and its surroundings. In this, it has been announced to build a planned brain in 330 acres. Rs 100 crore has been allocated for this.
- In the budget, expansion of Metro with 2500 new ST buses has been announced in the state.
- Sabarmati Riverfront will be made the world’s largest riverfront. The riverfront will extend from Indira Bridge in Ahmedabad to Gandhinagar.9. Under Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, free treatment up to Rs 10 lakh will be available. The health budget has been increased by 32.40 percent in the budget.
- The budget has focused on improving education. For this, the Finance Minister has allocated Rs 55,114 crore.
New number for emergency
The Finance Minister in the Budget has announced the launch of a centralized system to provide a single number 112 for police, fire brigade and other emergency services. By dialing this number, it was arranged that the police would reach the spot within 10 minutes in urban areas and 30 minutes in rural areas. 1100 police vehicles equipped with police and equipment will be deployed in the state.