“Terrorists should know there’s no place to hide”: Israel backs India after Operation Sindoor

New Delhi: Israel’s Ambassador to India Reuven Azar on Wednesday expressed strong backing for India’s right to defend itself. His statement followed the Indian military’s “Operation Sindoor,” which struck nine terror camps located in Pakistan and Pakistan-occupied Jammu and Kashmir. Azar voiced his support for the action, adding that “terrorists should know there’s no place to hide from their heinous crimes against the innocents”.

He wrote on X, “Israel supports India’s right for self defense. Terrorists should know there’s no place to hide from their heinous crimes against the innocent. #OperationSindoor”

Israel supports India’s right for self defense. Terrorists should know there’s no place to hide from their heinous crimes against the innocent. #OperationSindoor

— 🇮🇱 Reuven Azar (@ReuvenAzar) May 7, 2025

On Wednesday, US Secretary of State Marco Rubio said he was closely watching the situation between India and Pakistan in light of India’s recent missile strikes on several locations across Pakistan.

His comments came after US President Donald Trump acknowledged the strikes earlier in the day, expressing hope that the situation would calm down quickly. “We just heard about it as we were walking through the doors of the Oval. Just heard about it. I guess people knew something was going to happen based on a little bit of the past. They’ve been fighting for a long time. They’ve been fighting for many, many decades. And centuries, actually, if you think about it. I hope it ends very quickly,” Trump said.

Meanwhile, the UAE’s Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister, Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, urged both India and Pakistan to “exercise restraint, de-escalate tensions, and avoid further escalation,” according to a statement released by the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

India’s Ministry of Defence clarified that the strikes were a direct response to the April 22 terror attack in Pahalgam, which killed 26 people, including one Nepali citizen. It added, “Our actions have been focused, measured and non-escalatory in nature. No Pakistani military facilities have been targeted.”

Share This Article
Exit mobile version