This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • India News
  • State
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Trending
  • Sports
  • Career
  • Lifestyle
  • Languages
Follow US
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.

News » India News » SC to hear contempt plea against Sambhal authorities for demolition after a week

India News

SC to hear contempt plea against Sambhal authorities for demolition after a week

NM Desk
Last updated: 24 January, 2025 4:52 PM
NM Desk
Share
SC to hear contempt plea against Sambhal authorities for demolition after a week
SC to hear contempt plea against Sambhal authorities for demolition after a week

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday (January 24) posted after week a plea seeking contempt proceedings against authorities in Sambhal, Uttar Pradesh for allegedly violating top court’s pan-India direction on demolition of properties.

Contents
Bench posted the matter after a week after petitioner’s counsel requested court for adjournmentWhat has the petitioner said?Apex court passed slew of directions on use of bulldozers in November last year

A bench comprising Justice BR Gavai and Justice was hearing a plea alleging demolition of part of petitioner’s properties in by Sambhal authorities on January 10-11 without a prior notice to him or his family members in violation of top court’s November 24 order.

Bench posted the matter after a week after petitioner’s counsel requested court for adjournment

The bench posted the matter for hearing after a week after the counsel representing the petitioner requested the court to hear the matter after a week, submitting that the arguing counsel was in personal difficulty.

Read More

India-China border situation ‘stable but sensitive,’ says Army chief General Dwivedi
India-China border situation ‘stable but sensitive,’ says Army chief General Dwivedi
Kolkata Airport’s first metro line all set to complete soon | Details
Kolkata Airport’s first metro line all set to complete soon | Details
Hathras accident: Seven killed after container truck rams into pick-up vehicle
Hathras accident: Seven killed after container truck rams into pick-up vehicle

What has the petitioner said?

The petitioner said in his plea that he and his family members had all the necessary documents, approved maps and other related documents of the property but, the authorities came to the premises of his property and started demolishing it in violation of the top court order.

The petitioner, while claiming that the action of the authorities was in complete violation of the top court verdict, has sought initiation of contempt proceedings against the authorities, to restrain the authorities from creating any third party interest in the premises and a direction to the authorities to maintain status quo as on January 11.

Apex court passed slew of directions on use of bulldozers in November last year

The apex court on November 13 laid down pan-India guidelines on the use of bulldozers by state governments for demolition of properties of accused of crimes as a punitive measures without following due procedure of law. It said that no demolition should be carried out without prior show cause notice returnable either in accordance with the time provided in local municipal laws or within 15 days from the date of service, whichever is later and the notice shall be served on the owner by registered post and shall also be fixed on outer portion of structure. It further said that proceedings of demolition shall be video-graphed and video-recording shall be duly preserved.

The top court further said that if demolition is found to be in violation of its orders, officers concerned will be held responsible for restitution of property at their personal cost in addition to payment of damages and directed all states to issue circulars to district magistrates and local authorities, intimating them about directions issued by it.

The apex court, however, said that its directions on use of bulldozer will not be applicable if there is unauthorised construction on public land or if there is an order of demolition by the court of law.

You Might Also Like

DMRC Recruitment: Application for General Manager posts underway; check eligibility

Narrow escape for RJD leader Tejashwi Yadav as speeding truck hits his convoy in Bihar

Best Delhi wholesale markets for buying Diwali home decoration items

Supreme court relaxes undertrial prisoners in Uttarakhand, will be released on bail

Justice Sudarshan Reddy: From farmer’s son to Opposition’s Vice President nominee

TAGGED:ContemptDemolition of propertiesDemolition of properties of accused of crimesIllegal demolitionSupreme Court
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link

Latest News

image editor output image812472244 1770024678844
Singer Jasmeen Akhtar drops her latest single Malak Dyaal
Entertainment
IMG 20260202 WA0000
Indie Artist Prabhanjan Unveils First Look of His Upcoming Afro-Desi Single ‘Thugwa’
Entertainment
indiapost live
They have history and history of overlooking that as well: Jaishankar on Pak-US ties
India News
Centre conspiring to stop free ration of 55 lakh Punjabis: CM Bhagwant Mann
Centre conspiring to stop free ration of 55 lakh Punjabis: CM Bhagwant Mann
India News

You also Like

VP Jagdeep Dhankar says currency notes recovered from MP Abhishek Manu Singhvi’s seat
India News

How can we involve Chief Justice of India with any executive appointment ? VP Dhankar

NM Desk NM Desk 4 Min Read
Diwali 2024: How is the festival of Deepavali celebrated in Sri Lanka?
India News

Diwali 2024: How is the festival of Deepavali celebrated in Sri Lanka?

NM Desk NM Desk 3 Min Read
Uttarakhand: Illegal mosque in Haridwar demolished on Hindu organization’s complaint
India News

Uttarakhand: Illegal mosque in Haridwar demolished on Hindu organization’s complaint

NM Desk NM Desk 3 Min Read
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
Follow US
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account