This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • India News
  • State
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Trending
  • Sports
  • Career
  • Lifestyle
  • Languages
Follow US
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.

News » India News » Maha Kumbh: Nearly 53 cr devotees have taken holy dip so far at Sangam, says Yogi Adityanath

India News

Maha Kumbh: Nearly 53 cr devotees have taken holy dip so far at Sangam, says Yogi Adityanath

NM Desk
Last updated: 17 February, 2025 4:00 PM
NM Desk
Share
Maha Kumbh: Nearly 53 cr devotees have taken holy dip so far at Sangam, says  Yogi Adityanath
Maha Kumbh: Nearly 53 cr devotees have taken holy dip so far at Sangam, says  Yogi Adityanath

Prayagraj: With Prayagraj Maha Kumbh continues to witness massive footfalls, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Monday said that close to 53 crore devotees have taken the holy dip at the Sangam so far. The Maha Kumbh which started on January 13 will continue till February 26.

Contents
‘Maha Kumbh is the world’s largest spiritual and cultural event’Yogi Adityanath lavishes praise on PM Modi

Notably, while crores of people are taking the holy dip daily, around 1.36 crore devotees took the holy dip on Sunday alone. Apart from India, devotees from abroad are also visiting devotees in large numbers.

‘Maha Kumbh is the world’s largest spiritual and cultural event’

“This moment is even more important for us when Mahakumbh is being organized, which has become the world’s largest spiritual and cultural event to date. So far, 53 crore devotees have taken a holy dip in the Triveni Sangam and this process will continue for the next nine days,” news agency ANI quoted the chief minister as saying.

Read More

One97 Communications Q2 Results: Paytm posts net profit of Rs 928.3 crore
One97 Communications Q2 Results: Paytm posts net profit of Rs 928.3 crore
Max Holloway’s future plans after devastating loss against Ilia Topuria
Max Holloway’s future plans after devastating loss against Ilia Topuria
Keeping child away from mother cruelty: Bombay HC’s no to quash case against in-laws
Keeping child away from mother cruelty: Bombay HC’s no to quash case against in-laws

Yogi Adityanath lavishes praise on PM Modi

Adityanath added, “Under the leadership of PM Modi, for the first time the faith of the country got respect. The wait of 500 years is over and now we can go to Ayodhya to offer prayers to Lord Ram. In 2016-17, when there was no BJP government in the state, the number of devotees coming to Ayodhya was only 2 lakh 35 thousand, and in 2024, this number is more than 14 to 15 crore devotees. This is the result of the contribution of the devotees.”

Meanwhile, after the recent stampede at the Maha Kumbh that led to the deaths of at least 30 devotees recently, the authorities have taken steps so that the same kind of incidents do not happen again, including the issue of fresh guidelines for those visiting the Mela. After the recent stampede at the New Delhi Railway Station, in which 18 people lost their lives due to the stampede, the Northern Railway also started more special trains for Prayagraj.

You Might Also Like

‘Maintaining peace must be priority’: PM Modi to Jinping during bilateral meeting

‘For us, democracy is actually delivered’: Jaishankar at Munich security conference

IPL 2025 retention: Stars who may be on the market after long stints with franchises

Byju’s Rs 158.9 crore dues settlement with BCCI: SC reverses NCLAT’s approval

Psyche sends laser signals from Deep Space

TAGGED:Devotee NumbersHoly DipKumbh Mela safetyMaha KumbhPrayagraj kumbh melaPrayagraj SangamReligious tourism IndiaTriveni SangamUttar PradeshYogi adityanath
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link

Latest News

image editor output image812472244 1770024678844
Singer Jasmeen Akhtar drops her latest single Malak Dyaal
Entertainment
IMG 20260202 WA0000
Indie Artist Prabhanjan Unveils First Look of His Upcoming Afro-Desi Single ‘Thugwa’
Entertainment
indiapost live
They have history and history of overlooking that as well: Jaishankar on Pak-US ties
India News
Centre conspiring to stop free ration of 55 lakh Punjabis: CM Bhagwant Mann
Centre conspiring to stop free ration of 55 lakh Punjabis: CM Bhagwant Mann
India News

You also Like

Manipur cops retreat after walking 3 hrs to raze illegal poppy farms due to threat from armed miscreants: FIR
India News

Manipur cops retreat after walking 3 hrs to raze illegal poppy farms due to threat from armed miscreants: FIR

NM Desk NM Desk 4 Min Read
Pahalgam terror attack: Houses of seven suspected terrorists razed J&K
India News

Pahalgam terror attack: Houses of seven suspected terrorists razed J&K

NM Desk NM Desk 2 Min Read
Watch: Hindu Sikh Global Forum protests outside Canadian High Commission in New Delhi
India News

Watch: Hindu Sikh Global Forum protests outside Canadian High Commission in New Delhi

NM Desk NM Desk 3 Min Read
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
Follow US
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account