Earthquake tremors were felt once again in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday. The intensity of this earthquake was measured at 3.6 on the Richter scale. As soon as the tremors of the earthquake were felt, people came out of their homes. Due to this, no loss of life or property has been reported at present.
According to the National Center for Seismology, the epicenter of this earthquake is being said to be Kishtwar. The depth of this earthquake has been measured at 5 kilometers. Not only this, earthquake tremors were also felt in Jijang province of China at seven in the morning. The intensity of that earthquake was measured at 3.7 on the Richter scale. Let us tell you that earlier on Monday evening, tremors of earthquake of 3.6 magnitude were felt in Assam. According to the report released by the National Center for Seismology, the earthquake was felt at 7.12 pm, whose epicenter was 23 km below the ground in East Karbi Anglong district on the south bank of Brahmaputra.
The exact location of the epicenter was about 170 km east-south-east of Guwahati near the Nagaland border. Tremors were also felt by people in West Karbi Anglong, Hojai, Dima Hasao, Golaghat and Nagaon districts. Earthquake tremors were also felt in some areas of Nagaland and Manipur.
What to do and what not to do if an earthquake occurs
1. If you are inside a building, sit on the floor and go under some strong furniture. If there is no table or such furniture, cover your face and head with your hands and sit crouching in a corner of the room.
2. If you are outside the building, move away from the building, trees, poles and wires.
3. If you are traveling in a vehicle, stop the vehicle as soon as possible and remain sitting inside the vehicle.
4. If you are buried under a pile of debris, never light a match, do not move or push anything.
5. In case you are buried under debris, tap lightly on any pipe or wall, so that the rescue workers can understand your situation. If you have a whistle, blow it.
6. Make noise only when there is no other option. Making noise can suffocate your breath with dust and dirt.
7. Always keep a disaster relief kit ready in your home.