This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • India News
  • State
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Trending
  • Sports
  • Career
  • Lifestyle
  • Languages
Follow US
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.

News » India News » Congress intensifies demand for transparency on Indian jet losses in Op Sindoor, cites CDS

India News

Congress intensifies demand for transparency on Indian jet losses in Op Sindoor, cites CDS

NM Desk
Last updated: 31 May, 2025 8:31 PM
NM Desk
Share
Congress intensifies demand for transparency on Indian jet losses in Op Sindoor, cites CDS
Congress intensifies demand for transparency on Indian jet losses in Op Sindoor, cites CDS

New Delhi: The Congress party on Saturday intensified its calls for the government to come clean about the Indian military’s losses during Operation Sindoor. Highlighting comments made by top defence officials, Telangana Irrigation Minister and former Indian Air Force fighter pilot Uttar Kumar Reddy urged the Centre to disclose how many Indian jets were downed by Pakistan during the operation.

Contents
CDS confirms jet lossesBJP attacks Rahul GandhiFrance seeks Rafale clarity

“The fact that the fighter aircraft were shot down is something the government needs to stop denying. The CDS himself mentioned that. Earlier, Air Marshal Bharti had mentioned it indirectly in his briefing report, along with the DGMO… The whole country must realise today that for some reason, the GoI was not upfront with whatever happened,” said Reddy.

CDS confirms jet losses

In a major development, Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) General Anil Chauhan, while speaking to Reuters at the Shangri-La Dialogue in Singapore, became the first high-ranking official to explicitly acknowledge that India lost aircraft in the military action. Chauhan said the number of aircraft lost was less significant than the reasons behind the losses and the corrective measures that would follow. “What was important is, why these losses occurred, and what we’ll do after that,” he said. Air Marshal AK Bharti, Director General of Air Operations, had earlier commented during a press conference that “losses are a part of combat.”

Read More

Doctor asks patient’s family members to put off slippers, gets thrashed | Video
Doctor asks patient’s family members to put off slippers, gets thrashed | Video
‘Bharat must be beacon of harmony’: Mohan Bhagwat reflects on Vivekananda’s vision
‘Bharat must be beacon of harmony’: Mohan Bhagwat reflects on Vivekananda’s vision
Rahul Gandhi plans protest over Trump’s India-Pakistan ceasefire claim
Rahul Gandhi to visit Bihar today to kick off Congress’ ‘Shiksha Nyay Samvad’ campaign

Reddy backed General Chauhan’s stance and reiterated the need for accountability and introspection. “That is what Shri Rahul Gandhi said in the first instance, against which lots of negative campaigns have been done by the BJP,” he added.

BJP attacks Rahul Gandhi

Rahul Gandhi’s demand for transparency regarding the military setbacks has attracted harsh criticism from the Bharatiya Janata Party. BJP spokesperson Gaurav Bhatia branded the Congress leader “irresponsible” and labelled him “Nishan-e-Pakistan.”

Concerns over India’s air losses are not limited to the political opposition. French defence contractor Dassault Aviation is reportedly apprehensive about how its Rafale jets performed under combat conditions during Operation Sindoor.

France seeks Rafale clarity

The French Defence Ministry addressed the issue on Thursday, stating, “the issue of the Rafale is, of course, to primary importance to us,” and noted that they were in touch with Indian officials to gain clarity. If proven, the downing of a Rafale aircraft during the operation would mark its first combat loss in 20 years of service. While Pakistan claims to have downed six Indian aircraft, India has firmly rejected this figure.

Citing Indian and Western sources, New York Times journalist Mujib Mashal reported that the actual number of Indian combat losses likely ranges between two and three.

Reddy concluded by urging the government to provide clarity on all major developments related to the Indo-Pak conflict, saying, “The GoI must be more transparent on every significant event that took place throughout the Indo-Pak operation.”

You Might Also Like

Post-Diwali detox: 5 simple ways to recover faster from the festive sugar rush

Shillong Teer Result TODAY, October 22: 1st and 2nd Round Tuesday Lottery Result

Ready for spin battle in series decider vs Pakistan, says England skipper Ben Stokes

‘Deeply saddened’: India on South Korea plane crash that claimed over 160 lives

‘Phenomenal feat’: PM Modi commends Arjun Erigaisi for achievement in chess ratings

TAGGED:Air CombatCDS statementCongress demandIndian airforcejet lossesmilitary transparencyOperation SindoorPakistan claimsRafale performanceRahul Gandhi
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link

Latest News

indiapost live
They have history and history of overlooking that as well: Jaishankar on Pak-US ties
India News
Centre conspiring to stop free ration of 55 lakh Punjabis: CM Bhagwant Mann
Centre conspiring to stop free ration of 55 lakh Punjabis: CM Bhagwant Mann
India News
Education revolution in Punjab: Government schools soar with record results under AAP, says CM Mann
LPG tanker blast in Hoshiarpur kills 2, injures 21; Punjab CM announces aid
India News
Bengal: Teacher thrashed by group of youth for objecting to public drinking
Bengal: Teacher thrashed by group of youth for objecting to public drinking
India News

You also Like

IMD Weather Forecast: Widespread to moderate rainfall likely in Maharashtra, Gujarat
India News

IMD Weather Forecast: Widespread to moderate rainfall likely in Maharashtra, Gujarat

NM Desk NM Desk 3 Min Read
US Supreme Court clears extradition of Mumbai attack convict Tahawwur Rana to India
India News

NIA team set to fly to US for extradition of 26/11 terror convict Tahawwur Rana today

NM Desk NM Desk 2 Min Read
India, Sri Lanka sign landmark defence pact, PM Modi urges humane approach on fishermen issue
India News

India, Sri Lanka sign landmark defence pact, PM Modi urges humane approach on fishermen issue

NM Desk NM Desk 7 Min Read
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
Follow US
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account