This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • India News
  • State
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Trending
  • Sports
  • Career
  • Lifestyle
  • Languages
Follow US
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.

News » India News » CM Bhagwant Mann approves prosecution of Dera chief Ram Rahim in 2015 sacrilege cases

India News

CM Bhagwant Mann approves prosecution of Dera chief Ram Rahim in 2015 sacrilege cases

NM Desk
Last updated: 22 October, 2024 1:03 PM
NM Desk
Share
CM Bhagwant Mann approves prosecution of Dera chief Ram Rahim in 2015 sacrilege cases
CM Bhagwant Mann approves prosecution of Dera chief Ram Rahim in 2015 sacrilege cases

New Delhi: Days after a go ahead from the Supreme Court paved way for the trial in the 2015 sacrilege cases against Gurmeet Ram Rahim, Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann on Tuesday approved the prosecution of the Dera Sacha Sauda chief.

Contents
Dera chief gets four weeks to respond to SC noticeWhat are 2015 2015 sacrilege cases?

The Punjab government’s directive comes after a SC bench of Justices BR Gavai and KV Vishwanathan lifted the stay by the Punjab and Haryana High Court on the trial. The bench had also directed Ram Rahim to file his response in the case.

Dera chief gets four weeks to respond to SC notice

Responding to the notice, Dera Sacha Sauda chief’s advocate said they will file a reply to the SC notice. The SC has sought Dera chief’s response within four weeks, while noting that the matter requires scrutiny.

Read More

Bengaluru techie suicide: Atul Subhash’s in-laws threatens journalists over coverage
House locked, phones off: Atul Subhash’s in-laws missing post midnight run, search on
INS Vaghsheer a ‘formidable submarine with unmatched pride’ | Its key capabilities
INS Vaghsheer a ‘formidable submarine with unmatched pride’ | Its key capabilities
BSF jawan’s body found hanging in rented Kolkata house, sent suicide note to family members through WhatsApp
BSF jawan’s body found hanging in rented Kolkata house, sent suicide note to family members through WhatsApp

“Supreme Court has now issued notice to us and we will file our reply in SC, we have faith that we will get justice…Prosecution permission is only a legal procedure. It has done not just in our case but many cases,” said advocate Jitendra Khurana representing Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh

Kurana said Dera Sacha Sauda condemns the incident of sacrilege, and also urge the government that the real culprits should be punished.

The apex court on Friday last week had passed the order on a plea of the Punjab government challenging the order of the high court.

What are 2015 2015 sacrilege cases?

Three alleged incidents of sacrilege of holy Guru Granth Sahib happened between June and October, 2015, in Faridkot district of Punjab and an FIR was lodged on June 2, 2015 at a local police station.

In 2015, the state government had given its consent to transfer the probe of the three incidents to the CBI. However, the consent for transfer of the probe of the sacrilege cases and police firing incidents was withdrawn on September 6, 2018.

You Might Also Like

Kannada Rajyotsava: Governor urges unity as pro-Maharashtra outfit plans protests

Tension in Bihar NDA over Chirag Paswan’s assembly ambitions, JDU questions intent

Video: Fire breaks out during victory procession in Maharashtra, MLA Shivaji Patil narrowly escapes

As ‘Boycott Turkey’ gathers steam, Indian traders reject Turkish marbles, apples; tourism faces backlash too

Delhi now crime capital: Kejriwal writes to Amit Shah to address law and order issues

TAGGED:2015 sacrilege casesBhagwant Manndera chiefPunjab 2015 sacrilege casesRam Rahim
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link

Latest News

indiapost live
They have history and history of overlooking that as well: Jaishankar on Pak-US ties
India News
Centre conspiring to stop free ration of 55 lakh Punjabis: CM Bhagwant Mann
Centre conspiring to stop free ration of 55 lakh Punjabis: CM Bhagwant Mann
India News
Education revolution in Punjab: Government schools soar with record results under AAP, says CM Mann
LPG tanker blast in Hoshiarpur kills 2, injures 21; Punjab CM announces aid
India News
Bengal: Teacher thrashed by group of youth for objecting to public drinking
Bengal: Teacher thrashed by group of youth for objecting to public drinking
India News

You also Like

India reclaiming its lost glory under current governance, says Jagdeep Dhankhar
India News

V-P Dhankhar raises alarm over cash row in judge’s residence, calls for FIR and judicial accountability

NM Desk NM Desk 13 Min Read
US returns over 1,400 looted Indian artifacts worth 10 million dollar
India News

US returns over 1,400 looted Indian artifacts worth 10 million dollar

NM Desk NM Desk 4 Min Read
UP: False fire alarm on Antyodaya Express triggers panic in train
India News

UP: False fire alarm on Antyodaya Express triggers panic in train

NM Desk NM Desk 1 Min Read
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
Follow US
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account