This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • India News
  • State
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Trending
  • Sports
  • Career
  • Lifestyle
  • Languages
Follow US
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.

News » India News » 3 railway staff concoct sabotage story for reward, phones give away their plot

India News

3 railway staff concoct sabotage story for reward, phones give away their plot

NM Desk
Last updated: 24 September, 2024 9:19 AM
NM Desk
Share
3 railway staff concoct sabotage story for reward, phones give away their plot
3 railway staff concoct sabotage story for reward, phones give away their plot

New Delhi: As more sabotage attempts to derail trains surface, a probe into one of the cases in Surat has brought to the fore unlikely culprits.

Contents
Who are the accused?How the plot got revealed

A probe into the alleged railway sabotage incident near Kim in Surat district on Saturday has shown that the entire story was concocted. The investigation indicated that three staff of the railway department had removed parts of the track to give it a look of an attempt to derail a train. They also took photographs and video, while installing the fish plates and other removed parts back in an attempt to earn accolades and rewards for preventing an accident, the investigation revealed as per a Times of India report.

Who are the accused?

The three accused have been arrested, police have shared details of the probe. Among the arrested trio, two are trackmen (gangmen) — 39-year-old Subhash Podar and Manish Mistry, and the third, 26-year-old Shubham Jayswal is a contract worker.

Read More

Weather alert: Heavy rain to lash Kolkata, Hooghly, Howrah and other districts in Bengal this week
Weather alert: Heavy rain to lash Kolkata, Hooghly, Howrah and other districts in Bengal this week
Income Tax filers earning over Rs 1 crore skyrocket 5X in 10 years
Income Tax filers earning over Rs 1 crore skyrocket 5X in 10 years
‘Hands off Kashmir, we want PoK back’: India to Trump after mediation offer
‘Hands off Kashmir, we want PoK back’: India to Trump after mediation offer

Podar is a BSc graduate from Bhagalpur in Bihar and has been in the the railways department for nine years. Mistry is from Patna, and Jayswal is from Chandauli’s Savaiya Mahalwal village in Uttar Pradesh. The trio is living in Kim currently.

On Saturday, the cops lodged a case in connection with track damage under Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS) sections 3(5) (criminal act by several persons in furtherance of common intention), 125 (rash or negligent acts that put human life or personal safety at risk), 61(2)(a) (criminal conspiracy) and others. The trio was also booked under the Railway Act and the Prevention of Damage to Public Property Act.

How the plot got revealed

During the initial stages of the investigation, the trio told the cops that they had noticed three persons fleeing from the tracks between Kim and Kosamba villages around 5.15am. The accused also said that on examining the railways lines, they discovered that 71 elastic rail clip keys and two fish plates had been removed. They also told the police that they installed the removed parts back in 25 minutes. After listening to the trio’s version, the police suspected how it could have been done in such a brief time.

Surat SP Hitesh Joysar said that when we checked their mobile phones, we saw that there were a few videos and photos of the removed parts of the tracks from their recycle bin that were taken between 2am and 5am. The three men had no explanation for this, and our suspicion was strengthened, he added. The police have handed over the probe to the special operations group. The accused will be produced in court on Tuesday.

Read latest India news here. Also get top breaking news, headlines and latest news from India and around the world news at IndiaPost Live.

You Might Also Like

India’s Got Latent row: SC to hear tomorrow Ranveer Allahabadia’s plea against FIRs

‘We are creating bad precedent’: Why Jagdeep Dhankhar lost his cool

‘It was a crime’: Rahul Gandhi ups attack on Jaishankar over Op Sindoor tipoff to Pakistan

Air India plane crashed within 50 seconds: Government on Ahmedabad tragedy

Hope for psoriasis patients: Patanjali’s Ayurvedic medicines show promising results

TAGGED:3 railway staff involved in sabotage in suratprobe into surat train sabotage attemptsurat train sabotage attempttrackmen and contract worker involved
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link

Latest News

indiapost live
They have history and history of overlooking that as well: Jaishankar on Pak-US ties
India News
Centre conspiring to stop free ration of 55 lakh Punjabis: CM Bhagwant Mann
Centre conspiring to stop free ration of 55 lakh Punjabis: CM Bhagwant Mann
India News
Education revolution in Punjab: Government schools soar with record results under AAP, says CM Mann
LPG tanker blast in Hoshiarpur kills 2, injures 21; Punjab CM announces aid
India News
Bengal: Teacher thrashed by group of youth for objecting to public drinking
Bengal: Teacher thrashed by group of youth for objecting to public drinking
India News

You also Like

Prayagraj to have another railway bridge over Yamuna River by 2031 | Details
India News

Prayagraj to have another railway bridge over Yamuna River by 2031 | Details

NM Desk NM Desk 2 Min Read
Former Indian women’s hockey captain Rani Rampal announces retirement
India News

Former Indian women’s hockey captain Rani Rampal announces retirement

NM Desk NM Desk 1 Min Read
Rishabh Pant breaks MS Dhoni’s huge record with fifty in 1st Test vs New Zealand
India News

Rishabh Pant breaks MS Dhoni’s huge record with fifty in 1st Test vs New Zealand

NM Desk NM Desk 1 Min Read
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
Follow US
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account