This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • India News
  • State
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Trending
  • Sports
  • Career
  • Lifestyle
  • Languages
Follow US
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.

News » India News » Batla House demolitions: Delhi HC grants interim stay till next hearing

India News

Batla House demolitions: Delhi HC grants interim stay till next hearing

NM Desk
Last updated: 17 June, 2025 6:15 PM
NM Desk
Share
Delhi HC judge transfer over ‘cash discovery’: Allahabad HC Bar Association says ‘not trash bin’
Batla House demolitions: Delhi HC grants interim stay till next hearing

New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has granted interim relief to some individuals seeking quashing of the demolition notices issued by the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) for demolition of alleged unauthorised properties in the Batla House area in the national capital.

Justice Tejas Karia, while granting the relief to the petitioners, directed the DDA to maintain status quo till the next hearing.

The High Court also issued notice to the DDA and sought its response to the pleas in four weeks.

Read More

India’s first ‘affordable’ airport food outlet in Kolkata records 900 daily footfall
India’s first ‘affordable’ airport food outlet in Kolkata records 900 daily footfall
‘Feels like 52°C’: IMD issues red alert in Delhi; north India reels under intense heatwave
Traffic restrictions in New Delhi on Wednesday evening: Advisory
Nagaland Lottery Result LIVE, 06.09.2024: Dear Meghna Winners, Prize Rs 1 Crore
Nagaland Lottery Result LIVE, 06.09.2024: Dear Meghna Winners, Prize Rs 1 Crore

The High Court would take up the matter on July 10, when a roster bench would hear all similar pleas seeking quashing of the demolition notices issued by the DDA.

The petitioners approached the High Court against the DDA notice for demolition of properties. The DDA had issued notices for demolition of properties pursuant to a direction by the Supreme Court in a contempt petition to remove unauthorised structures in Khasra No. 279 at Village Okhla in relation to the area lying outside PM-UDAY Colony boundary. The top court also clarified in the order that if the occupants are aggrieved by the notices of demolition, they are free to adopt appropriate proceedings in accordance with law.

The High Court, while granting interim relief to individual petitioners, noted the apex court clarified in its order that they occupants were free to adopt appropriate proceedings in accordance with law and some some individual petitioners had approached the High Court, which listed the matter on July 10 and directed the respondents to maintain the status quo while directing the DDA to file an affidavit in relation to action to be taken and demarcation report within three weeks.

The High Court earlier on June 11 refused to grant any relief in a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) filed by Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) MLA Amanatullah Khan seeking stay on demolitions in the area, saying passing a general order to protect properties from demolition in a PIL was likely to jeopardise the individual cases and had said that the affected residents may move court individually against their grievances.

The High Court earlier also granted interim relief to some petitioners who had approached the court against the demolition notices issued by the DDA.

You Might Also Like

Who is Sara Ali Khan’s rumoured boyfriend? Meet model-politician Arjun Pratap Bajwa

Students complain about shortage of teachers at Chhattisgarh school, threatened with jail

Pune Metro to extend operational hours until 11 pm by January end to meet commuter demand

RCB celebrations stampede: 7 die, over 20 injured out Bengaluru stadium

PM degree row: SC refuses to quash summons issued to Kejriwal in defamation case

TAGGED:Batla HouseDDADelhi High CourtDemolitionSupreme Court
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link

Latest News

image editor output image812472244 1770024678844
Singer Jasmeen Akhtar drops her latest single Malak Dyaal
Entertainment
IMG 20260202 WA0000
Indie Artist Prabhanjan Unveils First Look of His Upcoming Afro-Desi Single ‘Thugwa’
Entertainment
indiapost live
They have history and history of overlooking that as well: Jaishankar on Pak-US ties
India News
Centre conspiring to stop free ration of 55 lakh Punjabis: CM Bhagwant Mann
Centre conspiring to stop free ration of 55 lakh Punjabis: CM Bhagwant Mann
India News

You also Like

AAIB probing sabotage angle also in Air India Ahmedabad crash case: Union minister
India News

AAIB probing sabotage angle also in Air India Ahmedabad crash case: Union minister

NM Desk NM Desk 2 Min Read
Homestay scheme emerges as key tool in curbing migration from Uttarakhand hills; over 6,000 units empower locals
India News

Homestay scheme emerges as key tool in curbing migration from Uttarakhand hills; over 6,000 units empower locals

NM Desk NM Desk 5 Min Read
BMW CEO Wants European Union To Lift Combustion Engine Ban
India News

BMW CEO Wants European Union To Lift Combustion Engine Ban

NM Desk NM Desk 3 Min Read
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
Follow US
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account