This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • India News
  • State
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Trending
  • Sports
  • Career
  • Lifestyle
  • Languages
Follow US
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.

News » India News » Oder prohibiting assembly of five or more people in city withdrawn, SG informs SC, HC | India News

India News

Oder prohibiting assembly of five or more people in city withdrawn, SG informs SC, HC | India News

NM Desk
Last updated: 3 October, 2024 7:08 PM
NM Desk
Share
SC urges judges to desist from ‘prejudicial’ observations during court proceedings
India News

Solicitor General of India Tushar Mehta informed this to a bench comprising Chief Justice of India (CJI) DY Chandrachud and Justices JB Pardiwala and Manoj Misra. He also informed the Delhi High court that the prohibitory order now stands withdrawn.

Credit: Getty Images


Supreme Court | Credit: Getty Images

New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Thursday (October 3) informed the Supreme Court that section 163 of the Bharatiya Nagarik Suraksha Sanhita (earlier section 144 of CrPC) prohibiting the assembly of five or more persons in the city from September 30 to October 5 has been withdrawn.

Solicitor General of India Tushar Mehta informed this to a bench comprising Chief Justice of India (CJI) DY Chandrachud and Justices JB Pardiwala and Manoj Misra.

Prohibitory order impacts city right now because of Dussehra, senior advocate told apex court seeking urgent hearing

Mehta told the bench this when senior advocate Menaka Guruswamy told the bench, seeking urgent listing of the matter, that the prohibitory order passed by the Delhi Police Commissioner impacts the city right now because of the Dussehra festival and Ram Leela can’t take place due to this order.

The CJI told Guruswamy that the Solicitor General says that “the order by the Commissioner of Police has been withdrawn.”

Prohibitory order has been withdrawn, SG Mehta also told High Court

Mehta on Thursday also informed a Delhi High Court bench comprising Chief Justice Manmohan and Justice Tushar Rao Gedela that the prohibitory order prohibiting assembly of more than five persons and protests in various parts of the city has been withdrawn.

Mehta told this to the High Court bench, which was hearing petitions seeking the release of climate activist Sonam Wangchuk and his associates as well challenging the prohibitory order.

Wangchuk and his associates have been released from detention, SG Mehta told High Court

Mehta also told the High Court that Wangchuk and his associates have been released from detention.

“The (prohibitory) order which was passed on September 30 now stands withdrawn in view of changed circumstances as they exist now. So far as persons who were allegedly detained, it was not detention in that sense, but they are also out,” Mehta told the High Court bench.

As per the September 30 order issued from the Delhi Police headquarters, the Delhi Police Commissioner had instructed that section 163 of the BNSS be imposed in New Delhi, North and Central districts and jurisdictions of all police stations sharing borders with other states from September 30 to October 5.

Next Article

Follow us on social media

Read latest India news here. Also get top breaking news, headlines and latest news from India and around the world news at IndiaPost Live.

Contents
Solicitor General of India Tushar Mehta informed this to a bench comprising Chief Justice of India (CJI) DY Chandrachud and Justices JB Pardiwala and Manoj Misra. He also informed the Delhi High court that the prohibitory order now stands withdrawn.Prohibitory order impacts city right now because of Dussehra, senior advocate told apex court seeking urgent hearingProhibitory order has been withdrawn, SG Mehta also told High CourtWangchuk and his associates have been released from detention, SG Mehta told High Court

You Might Also Like

Never claimed BJP would win Jharkhand elections, says Himanta Biswa Sarma

JPC on Waqf Bill set to adopt draft report at Wednesday meeting; opposition to register dissent

Rishi Sunak visits Bengaluru’s Raghvendra Swamy Mutt with his wife and in-laws

Bull on the roof! UP village stunned as angry bull chases man upstairs

To ease traffic congestion, 8 km tunnel to be built near Rishikesh on Badrinath NH

TAGGED:Climate activist Sonam WangchukDelhi High CourtDelhi PoliceProhibitory orderSolicitor General Tushar MehtaSupreme Court
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link

Latest News

indiapost live
They have history and history of overlooking that as well: Jaishankar on Pak-US ties
India News
Centre conspiring to stop free ration of 55 lakh Punjabis: CM Bhagwant Mann
Centre conspiring to stop free ration of 55 lakh Punjabis: CM Bhagwant Mann
India News
Education revolution in Punjab: Government schools soar with record results under AAP, says CM Mann
LPG tanker blast in Hoshiarpur kills 2, injures 21; Punjab CM announces aid
India News
Bengal: Teacher thrashed by group of youth for objecting to public drinking
Bengal: Teacher thrashed by group of youth for objecting to public drinking
India News

You also Like

Do Patti shooting location: Explore scenic filming spots of Kriti Sanon, Kajol film
India News

Do Patti shooting location: Explore scenic filming spots of Kriti Sanon, Kajol film

NM Desk NM Desk 3 Min Read
Karnataka bans bike taxis, association approaches CM Siddaramaiah, Rahul Gandhi
India News

Karnataka bans bike taxis, association approaches CM Siddaramaiah, Rahul Gandhi

NM Desk NM Desk 3 Min Read
International Yoga Day: Isha Foundation offers free yoga sessions to over 10,000 defence personnel
India News

International Yoga Day: Isha Foundation offers free yoga sessions to over 10,000 defence personnel

NM Desk NM Desk 4 Min Read
IndiaPost LiveIndiaPost Live
Follow US
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account